Table of Contents
Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018 Pre & Mains Exam Pattern:
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is going to conduct pre and mains Odisha Civil Services Examination-2018. Firstly pre written exam then a Mains Written exam will be conducted for Odisha PSC Civil Service examination.
Here on this page we provide all information and detailed syllabus and exam pattern for both pre and main exams. This syllabus will help you to prepare for exams better. You can check and download the Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018 from official site and here on this page also.
Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018
Odisha PSC Civil Service Exam Pattern: Odisha PSC Civil Service Pre Exam Pattern will be as follows:
- The preliminary written test will be multiple choice objective type question.
- There will be two papers in pre exam.
- Each paper shall be for 02:00 hours (120 minutes) duration.
- Both paper will have marks and subject as follows-
Paper Subject Marks
Paper-I General Studies 200
Paper-II General Studies 200
Odisha PSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus: Odisha PSC Civil Service Pre Exam Syllabus is given below:
- Current event of National and International importance
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Policy, Panchayati Raj, Public Rights Issues, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Bio-diversity, Ecology and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization, and General Science.
- Economic and Social Development sustainable Development, inclusion, Poverty, Social Sector Initiative, Demographics etc.
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic numeracy (orders of magnitude, numbers and their relations) (Class-X level) Data interpretation (Graphs, Charts, Tables, Data Sufficiency etc. — Class-X level)
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class-X level)
Odisha PSC Civil Service Mains Written Examination:
Mains Exam Pattern: The Main Examination consists of the following papers and each paper shall be of three hours duration and Interview will be of 250 Marks.
|Paper-I||Oriya Language||300 Marks|
|Paper-IV||General Studies- I||300 Marks|
|Paper-V||General Studies- II||300 Marks|
|Paper- VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects from the optional subjects||300 Marks for each paper|
Odisha PSC Civil Service Mains Exam Syllabus: Detailed exam syllabus for OPSC civil Service Mains exam is given below:-
PAPER-I & II: The main goal of the paper is to test the applicant’s capability to understand serious discursive situations and ability to understand Odia/English language clearly and correctly.
The pattern of questions would broadly be as follows:-
- Comprehension of a given passage: 30 Marks
- Precis writing with a passage of around 1000 words: 40 Marks
- Translation from English/Odia to Odia/English: 30 Marks
- Grammar, usage and vocabulary: 80 Marks
- Short Essay of around 1000 words: 100 Marks
- Expansion of an idea: 20 Marks
PAPER-III: Applicants will be required to write an Essay on a given specific topic. Applicants may choose their subject from the given choice.
To get more information and latest updates visit our website on regular basis.