Table of Contents
CSAT Syllabus 2018 PDF Download with CSAT Exam Pattern for UPSC Prelims exam. IAS Prelims Exam Pattern & syllabus download, UPSC Pre Exam Syllabus download.
CSAT Syllabus 2018 PDF Download, UPSC IAS Pre Exam Pattern 2018: –
The Civil Services exam is now known as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Initially called as the Civil Services Preliminary Exam, the exam is organized every year by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) for selecting eligible contender in the different department of services which includes the following services and departments: Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services respectively and Indian Foreign Services.
CSAT Syllabus 2018 PDF Download, UPSC IAS Pre Exam Pattern 2018
Paper Pattern for CSAT Exam 2018: The Civil Services Aptitude Test have of two mandatory papers of 200 Marks each having multiple choice based questions on the following topics:
Paper I: General Studies
Paper II: General Studies ablity
Total Marks Allotted: 400
The questions in the Pre test will be both the languages –Hindi as well as English. The contender need to qualify in the pre exam so that they can appear in the Mains Exam which will be conduct by CSAT after the Prelims.
CSAT General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
CSAT Paper I: 200 Marks;
Duration: Two Hours;
Number of Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: international importance and Events of national and History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Economic geography, Social, of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Political System, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Poverty, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Bio-diversity, Ecology and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- General Science
CSAT General Ability Test Paper 2 Syllabus
CSAT Paper II: 200 Marks;
Duration: Two Hours;
Number of Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- analytical ability and Logical reasoning
- Problem solving and Decision making and
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (orders of magnitude, numbers and their relations etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)